Dalitiwan Resort in Majayjay, Laguna

I had accidentally deleted my original post and review of the resort yesterday, so I am rewriting this again. We had a chance to visit Dalitiwan Resort in Majayjay, Laguna this April after the Holy Week and there were quite a few changes from the first time we visited the place which was February of this year.






First was the area near the man made waterfalls. Back in February it was only like knee deep in water, now the basin surrounding this waterfall is up to my waist, and I am a tall lady. It's not really a problem if you can swim, or if you are an adult but I wouldn't suggest leaving kids or even teenagers unsupervised near the falls since the concrete base is mossy and there is a big chance of slipping and either hitting the concrete or the big rocks near the falls.




The pool was the same and in spite of the big groups that were also there during our stay, this pool was able to accommodate us. I guess this comes from the fact that the water in the pool comes from the stream that flows out from Mt. Banahaw and is really, really cold. And I mean ice cold. I could only stand to be in the pool for about half an hour tops and the heat of the summer day was a welcome relief once I got out of the pool.



Their rates are still the same as seen on their Facebook page. And as I mentioned on my original post that got deleted, you can try to call or send a text message on the contact number provided. It just takes some time for them to answer because cellphone signals in the area aren't that great.



To get to the resort coming from Manila, the fastest and easiest way I can suggest is to ride the provincial bound Sta. Cruz, Laguna buses. Just tell the driver to drop you off Pagsawitan which is the intersection that goes straight to Sta. Cruz's public Market.Jeeps bound for Majayjay can be found at the end of the public market near a buy one, take one burger joint. Now if in case you get lost (which we did our first time in Sta. Cruz), if in case you reach the archway of Pagsanjan, just ride a jeep going in Sta. Cruz town proper and get off at the public Market. Once you get to Majayjay which is a 45minute jeep ride, you can either take another jeep bound for Luisiana or take a tricycle at P25 a head. I suggest the trike, since the resort is downhill and probably won't be a problem when you get there. But imagine an uphill climb on going home plus I cannot vouch for the frequency of the jeeps plying the road.


You can bring your own food, and I suggest bring it or buy it from Manila or wherever you may be coming from since there is only one grocery in Majayjay and the prices may be a bit more expensive.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Updating My Travel blog

It's hard to maintain a blog and work a full time job. I've traveled quite a few times already since my last blog post, and unfortun...

Dalitiwan Resort in Majayjay, Laguna